How to use Mobile Stethoscope:
When you run mobile stethoscope, you need to press the base of the iPhone or iPod against the skin over the heart area.
- Seal the microphone onto the skin by pressing gently.
- The microphone is at the base of the iPhone on the left side with the screen facing you.
- Record in a quiet area.
- Don’t use headsets with microphones while recording. (headphones are OK. Except, well on the iPhone 5, where the headphone jack is right beside the microphone).
Record, Trim, Save (1, 2, 3)
- While recording, look for the distictive ‘lub – dub’ sound pattern. Wait till 3 or four of these go across the screen with minimal noise, then press anywhere on the screen to stop recording.
- Use pinch and zoom to get those 4 heartbeats centered on the screen, then press the [E] button, select ‘Trim to displayed’.
- Press the Play button to listen to the recorded heart sounds. You will NEED headphones or a headset to listen to the sounds. This is a limitation of the tiny speaker on the iPhone. You need headphones, or a speaker system to listen.
- You can save/email the sounds with the ‘Action’ menu.
There is also help available in the app – select the [E] button, pick help.
Feel free to email us at [email protected]